Friday, April 27, 2007

In the Words of Chiquita, the Alpha Cat

I have been begging Mommy to give me an opportunity to tell my story. So finally, here it is...

Once upon a time, there was a happy kitty family. There was a Mommy to snuggle with, a Daddy to feed us early in the morning, a little fur brother to play with, and a beautiful alpha kitty who did what she pleased. The house was quiet with lots of windows to watch the birdies & bunnies and lots of comfy beds big and small.

Then one day, a stranger came to the house. She brought the biggest, meanest looking creature I've ever seen. Then she left! Mommy said that this scary creature was called a greyhound dog. She said his name was Timber, and he would be staying with us for a while. She also told us to not be scared and that we should introduce ourselves and make him feel welcome.

Welcome? In my home? I don't think so! So, I did the only thing I could do. I hissed that my name was Chiquita, and that I was the alpha in this house. He and his big teeth and eyes better not even look at me. Then I ran under the bed to sulk.

That was the day that my home sweet home became a prison. While Timber got to go outside many times a day to play, I was forced to watch the birdies from behind the window. While she coaxed him to eat, I was locked in the laundy room. When he clumsily runs to close and I tell him so, she tells me to behave myself. Even Shadow has turned traitor. He must have forgotten that he is a cat because he even enjoys playing outside with Timber in his pen.

As I count the days of tribulation, I realize he's not as scary as I thought. But he's no cat and he should have no place in my home. Mommy says it's not forever. She says he's really nice, and we could be friends. Puh! That will never happen.

Someday this too shall pass. I will once again be free to roam as a carefree kitty, presiding over my queendom with dignity and pride. For now I will plot new ways to make Timber's life as miserable as mine.

1 comment:

Graziella said...

oh, you made me laugh out loud! Hehehee!

Reassure Chiquita that her home won't be invaded forever. I miss my Timber and will take him as soon as I can....Hopefully I'll have a permanent job soon!

Thanks, and keep the journal entries coming!