Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Happy List

Recently I've been kind of down. Life has seemed to become meaningless as my friends and family have passed me by in their careers and families. I used to be independent and an overachiever. I knew what my goals were and how to achieve them. I was on a great track . . . until it was torn away from me . . . again, and again.

Yet . . . I think that even my forced dependence is good in some ways. I need to learn to let go and let God. How that figures into what I need to do, I'm not sure. However, with that state of mind, I was inspired by an aunt's "Happy List." There are many things that I should be thankful for and happy about. So, I thought I would create my own in an effort to lift my spirits and possibly help me in finding a current life direction.

So, without further ado, here are the things that make me happy: 1. fuzzy animals 2. my cats, Chiquita & Shadow 3. a loving husband who understands me 4. clear nights with lots of stars 5. thunderstorms 6. a loving God who saved me and saves me in an everyday sense 7. books 8. music 9. owning my own home 10. not having to worry about money 11. loving parents close by 12. myspace, trillian, gtalk, & gmail which allow me to keep in touch with friends who are no longer close by 13. my birdfeeder 14. playing in the dirt and actually sometimes getting fresh produce from it 15. LOST 16. having doctors that listen to me 17. good health insurance 18. spring flowers 19. living in a free country 20. geocaching 21. nintendo 22. cool words 23. Christmas 24. learning new things 25. taking pictures 26. good restaurants 27. cooking for those I love 28. waterfalls 29. people that aren't afraid to completely be themselves 30. fire 31. swings 32. creeks 33. sleeping in 34. a good Southern breakfast 35. fruit 36. chocolate 37. good in-laws 38. acquiring a brother & a sister when I married 39. playing board games 40. reading to children 41. scrapbooking

1 comment:

Graziella said...

I hope you're able to find some direction and meaning. I know all to well feeling lost and hopeless. Know that you're in my prayers.

I enjoyed your happy list, hope you write more. :)