Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day - part 1

As we speak, the votes are being counted. I have cast my vote, and I hope everyone else has as well. (no matter who you voted for) Now, thanks to modern technology, I have the luxury of watching the votes come in state by state. As fascinating as that is, what does that really mean for states in the west? Could a voter be persuaded to vote for whoever is winning instead of who they think will do the best job? It reminds me very much of a high school race that is almost purely a popularity contest. Now, I know that most people would vote on the issues they're concerned about, but it often doesn't take that many votes to carry a state. Especially this year when the race is so close. I really think that people should be able to watch the race only after the polls have closed in their state, or at least the majority in their time zone. For swing states and perhaps other states, that could make the difference between one president or the other. For now, I will be content in just watching this year's race. May the best man win...

No comments: